WebMD today , the service uses the FDA-approved, secure online health repository 2net Platform from Qualcomm to sync this health data.
Healthy Target is one of several recent new health app initiatives including HealthKit from Apple, Samsung’s S.A.M.I, and the rumored Google Fit, which may be unveiled at Google’s I/O developer conference later this month.
Earlier this month, Apple briefly introduced its new HealthKit platform and associated Health app. Using HealthKit APIs, device manufacturers and app developers can share health and fitness data with Apple’s Health app, which will debut with iOS 8. Apple’s rumored iWatch product also is expected to be a primary focus of this health and fitness-related platform.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Foxconn Looking to Secure Orders for iPhone and iPad Displays with Sharp Partnership
• Newest MacBook Airs on Sale for Father’s Day
• Apple Plans to Encrypt iCloud Email in Transit Between Providers
• Buyer’s Guide: Discounts on Retina MacBook Pro, iPad mini, Beats Headphones, and More
• Microsoft Considering Expanding Cortana Virtual Assistant to iOS and Android
• Twitter App Gets World Cup ‘Timelines’ in New Update
• Facebook Updates Messaging App with 15-Second Videos, ‘Big Likes’
• Apple Introduces New ‘Browse by Category’ Collection in App Store