Apple today updated its Apple Leadership press page to add the bios of five vice presidents, including Paul Deneve, Lisa Jackson, Joel Podolny, Johny Srouji, and Denise Young Smith.
The inclusion of several vice presidents on the executive team is a new move for the company, as the page previously only listed the company’s lineup of senior vice presidents.
Since taking over as CEO, Tim Cook has aimed to share the spotlight with his employees, letting company leaders like Eddy Cue, Craig Federighi, and Jony Ive take part in press interviews and lead Apple events. The addition of five new VPs to the press roster suggests Cook and the team at Apple are more open than ever, recognizing the efforts of an even larger number of key employees.
Of the new executives joining the page, Paul Deneve and Lisa Jackson are relatively new hires, joining Apple in 2013. Deneve oversees special projects, while Jackson has a public-facing job overseeing Apple’s environmental efforts. Joel Podolny, dean of Apple University and Denise Young Smith, who oversees Apple’s human resources, were promoted to their roles early in 2014. The remaining VP, Johny Srouji, oversees hardware technologies, a role he has held for just over a year.
The new additions to the executive press page also spotlight two additional women who hold important leadership roles at Apple, bringing the total number of females on the page to three, with Angela Ahrendts. Apple has faced criticism for its lack of female leadership in the past, which Cook has been aiming to remedy. According to diversity numbers released earlier this week, 72 percent of Apple employees in leadership roles are male.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Beats Music Creates Documentary On Spike Lee’s ‘Do the Right Thing’
• StackSocial Offers 8 Mac Apps in ‘MacLovin’ Bundle for $39.99
• Apple Releases Safari 7.0.6 and Safari 6.1.6 With Security Fixes for Mavericks/Mountain Lion
• Mailbox for iOS Gains New Email Management Features, Languages
• Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 Build 13F14 to Developers
• Amazon Launches iOS Compatible ‘Amazon Local Register’ Card Reader
• Full ‘Skylanders Trap Team’ Game Coming to iPad With Bluetooth Controller, Energy Portal
• Apple to Introduce iWatch in September Suggests Apple Journalist John Gruber [Updated]