Apple will launch its next-generation iPhone 6 at an event on Tuesday, September 9, reports Re/code. The company has reportedly scheduled a big media event for that date and in the past, September has been a month reserved for the introduction of new iPhones.
Following the September 9 introduction, the iPhone 6 will likely be available to customers on a corresponding Friday roughly a week and a half later, possibly September 19.
4.7 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models compared to iPhone 5s
Apple has scheduled a big media event for Tuesday, Sept. 9 — a date to which Apple numerologists will strain to attribute significance. As with September events past, the focal point of this one is to be Apple’s next-generation iPhones, which are expected to feature larger displays of 4.7 and 5.5 inches and run speedy new A8 processors. Apple declined comment.
Apple’s iPhone 6 launch event will see the debut of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6, which is expected to include a thinner, lighter chassis with an iPod-touch style design along with an A8 processor and an improved camera. The event may also see the introduction of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6, which is said to be experiencing production issues and may ship to customers somewhat later than the 4.7-inch iPhone 6, in late 2014 or early 2015.
Re/code, composed of the former AllThingsD team, has a perfect track record when it comes to launch date reports. The site has also suggested Apple is aiming to introduce the iWatch at an October event.
Update 11:35 AM PT: The Wall Street Journal has confirmed Re/code‘s report, with a source pointing towards a September 9 debut date for the iPhone 6. Bloomberg has confirmed the September 9 event date as well.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Google Launches 64-Bit Version of Chrome Canary Browser for OS X
• iStat Menus 5 Brings Refreshed Look, OS X Yosemite Support, More Data
• Apple to Open Third Netherlands Retail Store This Saturday, August 9
• Verizon Responds to FCC’s Concerns Over Unlimited Data Throttling, Says Plan is Legal
• Adobe Releases Guide on Transitioning Photos From Aperture to Lightroom
• Apple TV Beta Includes Redesigned Interface With iOS 7-Style Icons, Fonts
• ‘BioShock’ Coming to iOS Later This Summer
• Apple Constructing Second Retail Store in Turkey, May — For more information read the original article here.